<$BlogRSDURL$> Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

9.02.2004

1 Nephi 11 

Isn't this fun? I'm in Alma right now and reading them simultaneously is pointing things out to me. Like the dwelling in a tent topic. Awesome.

So we have Nephi's testimony that he that "diligently seeketh shall find." I want to add that when you seek you find in abundance! Thinkof Joseph Smith trying to find out which church was true, or Joseph and Sidney Rigdon pondering over the scriptures. Oh, and Moroni explainingto us how to receive a testimony of the Book of Mormon! And here we have Nephi, getting maybe more than he bargained for. And how did they all do it? Well, Nephi, he desired to know, he believed that the Lord would let him know and he pondered about it. It was a pattern they all followed. I can't think of any specific instances now, but I know that I'll hear something in Relief Society or Sacrament meeting and I'll be thinking about it later and little connections get made in my mind for me. But I can't just say "Okay, tell me." Effort has to be put forth, too.

So as he is pondering his heart is caught away to an exceedingly high mountain. (These links are to the footnoted sections.) When little connections like this come up to others in ancient times and then to John, who wouldn't be around for 600 years, it reiterates that God is truly the same today and yesterday and there is no fan fare about the little things. Maybe because it's so basic. It's like the names in the Book of Mormon. We have all these ancient language names and they are just written off as a fluke, when they are actually more testimony of (the Book of Mormon's) truthfulness.

Okay, before I continue I want to tell you about a friend of mine.When I am being whiney or complaining about something she asks me questions: "Why do you think they are acting like that?" "What do youthink this means?" "What can you change about that situation?" Veryopen ended, make-you-think kind of questions. Now, the reason I sharethat with you is the Spirit here asks Nephi, "What desirest thou?" andNephi gives him fairly easy things, I think: To know what my father
\I separated them into Lehi\'s vision then what it meant; I love how the\Spirit blends the two.\\The Tree that Lehi saw (the love of God)\The virgin, the mother of the Son of God\The Christ child\Christ working among the people\The Iron Rod (the word of God)\Which led to the living waters (also the love of God)\He saw Christ being baptized and the Holy Ghost in the form of a dove\He saw the calling of the 12 apostles\He saw Christ being lifted on the cross and being slain for the sins\of the world\He saw the world gathering together to fight the apostles,\Then he saw that great and spacious building (the wisdom and pride of the world)\Finally, he saw that great and spacious building fall,\Because their pride caused them to fight against the twelve apostles of the Lamb\\Hey that was nifty! Let me visit something really quick in verse 11,\as one man speaketh to another. Where have we heard that before? And\when have we seen it happening? I think that sometimes we get this\vision of glowing entities walking around when they are just more\advanced versions of us. (Holy cow. Did that make any sense?) Let me\try that again for those of you that struggled with it: When we talk\to God, we are talking to our Heavenly Father. We are just like he\was, so when these heavenly beings appear (angels, or in this case,\the Spirit of the Lord) they are just further along than we are.\(Well, I either clarified it or muddied the waters more. I am not\sure!)\\"Knowest thou the condescension of God?"\\This verse used to really frustrate me, because the footnote kicks you\over to 1 Nephi 11:26, which sends you right back.\\Elder McConkie, in Mormon Doctrine, spoke on the two different senses\being spoken of here:\\"The condescension of God (the Father) consists in the fact that\though he is an exalted, perfected, glorified Personage, he became the\",1]
);
//-->
saw and to know what it means. BUT the Spirit pours out:I separated them into Lehi's vision then what it meant; I love how theSpirit blends the two.The Tree that Lehi saw (the love of God)The virgin, the mother of the Son of GodThe Christ childChrist working among the peopleThe Iron Rod (the word of God)Which led to the living waters (also the love of God)He saw Christ being baptized and the Holy Ghost in the form of a doveHe saw the calling of the 12 apostlesHe saw Christ being lifted on the cross and being slain for the sinsof the worldHe saw the world gathering together to fight the apostles,Then he saw that great and spacious building (the wisdom and pride of the world)Finally, he saw that great and spacious building fall,Because their pride caused them to fight against the twelve apostles of the LambHey that was nifty! Let me visit something really quick in verse 11,as one man speaketh to another. Where have we heard that before? Andwhen have we seen it happening? I think that sometimes we get thisvision of glowing entities walking around when they are just moreadvanced versions of us. (Holy cow. Did that make any sense?) Let metry that again for those of you that struggled with it: When we talkto God, we are talking to our Heavenly Father. We are just like hewas, so when these heavenly beings appear (angels, or in this case,the Spirit of the Lord) they are just further along than we are.(Well, I either clarified it or muddied the waters more. I am notsure!)"Knowest thou the condescension of God?"This verse used to really frustrate me, because the footnote kicks youover to 1 Nephi 11:26, which sends you right back.Elder McConkie, in Mormon Doctrine, spoke on the two different sensesbeing spoken of here:"The condescension of God (the Father) consists in the fact thatthough he is an exalted, perfected, glorified Personage, he became the
woman. And the condescension of God (meaning the Son) consists in the\fact that though he himself is the Lord Omnipotent, the very Being who\created the earth and all things that in it are, yet being born of\mortal woman, he submitted to all the trials or mortality, suffering\\'temptations, and pain of body, hunger, thirst, and fatigue, even more\than man can suffer, except it be unto death\' <>\finally being put to death in a most ignominious manner."\\Now I have 2 Nephi 2, 2 Nephi 9, Isaiah 53 and Hebrews 2 (most\specifically 9) scribbled in. And every now and then I\'ll find\something that makes me go, "oh." And I\'ll go to this post it note I\have here and write that scripture down, too.\",1] personal and literal Father of a mortal Offspring born of mortalwoman. And the condescension of God (meaning the Son) consists in thefact that though he himself is the Lord Omnipotent, the very Being whocreated the earth and all things that in it are, yet being born ofmortal woman, he submitted to all the trials or mortality, suffering'temptations, and pain of body, hunger, thirst, and fatigue, even morethan man can suffer, except it be unto death' <>finally being put to death in a most ignominious manner."Now I have 2 Nephi 2, 2 Nephi 9, Isaiah 53 and Hebrews 2 (mostspecifically 9) scribbled in. And every now and then I'll findsomething that makes me go, "oh." And I'll go to this post it note Ihave here and write that scripture down, too.


|
Comments:
I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog
 
I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com
 
Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?